Our Story

How it all started...

In 1939, Ruth and Carey Milam purchased a five acre "stump farm" on a gravel road in Bothell that would later be known as First Baptist Church of Bothell.

Both of their fathers had been pioneer preachers in the Northwest. Ruth and Carey both had the desire to share the gospel.  While two of their sons were overseas fighting in the Second World War, Ruth would go up to the Northeast corner of their property and kneel in prayer on the rock under the cedar tree that stands near the church entrance today.  She prayed that someday God would build a godly church and a Christian school on the property.

Fourteen years later...

In 1957, God in his wisdom brought five families together from all different areas of Bothell to start the church.  The members called it "God's Miracle Church," because God was obviously blessing their efforts.  Most of the building process was done by volunteers, friends and through many gifts.  On March 17, 1961 the church held its first church service. 

Today...

Though the property and campus have changed many times over the years, the tree and the rock still remain.  We still have the same desire for our church community to connect, grow and serve those around them.  We pray that God will continue to lead us to make disciples of Jesus and show us how to enrich the lives of those around us through His word.

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday as we gather to worship together outside at 11:00am